| ||November 20, 2008|
North American Tungsten Announces Mr. Ronald Erickson Has Joined The Board Of Directors
| ||North American Tungsten Corporation Ltd. ("the Company") is pleased to announce that Mr. Ronald Erickson of Minneapolis, USA has joined the Company's Board of Directors. Mr. Erickson is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Holiday Companies, a private business entity owning, operating and franchising 450 gasoline/convenience stores along the Northern Tier and Alaska, real estate investments and a technology company, Cellresin Technologies. Mr. Erickson brings invaluable experience, entrepreneurship, strategic business knowledge and integrity to the Company.|
Mr. Erickson's additional involvement includes;
- Chairman of Queenwood, LLC, a private investment company;
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Gander Mountain, a public NASDAQ listed company engaged in the sale of sporting goods. Gander Mountain operates 115 stores in the central, eastern and southern parts of the United States;
- Chairman of the Board of BioE, a company developing innovative approaches to cord blood banking;
- Director of Carriage Services, a public NYSE listed company engaged in funeral services; and
- Director of the National Petroleum Council, an advisory body to the Secretary of Energy.
Mr. Erickson previously served as a Director of Andersen Corporation, a private manufacturing company which is the largest seller of windows and doors in the United States; and as a Director of First Bank, National Association (now U.S. Bank) located in Minneapolis.
Mr. Erickson is a graduate of The Blake School, University of Minnesota, B.A.; University of Minnesota Graduate School of Business; and the University of Minnesota School of Law, J.D.
Mr. Stephen Leahy, Chairman & CEO stated "We are honoured to have such a prominent businessman, as Mr. Erickson, join the Board and participate in the future growth of the Company."
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Stephen M. Leahy
Chairman & CEO
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Toni Williamson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver Office: +1.604.684.5300 Fax: +1.604.684.2992
Toronto Office: +1.416.602.2665
You can view the Next News Releases item: Tue Dec 23, 2008, North American Tungsten Finalizes Joint Venture to Produce Tungsten Composites
You can view the Previous News Releases item: Wed Oct 29, 2008, North American Tungsten Corporation Ltd. Signs Strategic Supply Agreement With Global Tungsten & Powders Corp.
You can return to the main News Releases page, or press the Back button on your browser.